Quiet time: Above Savage River & Selected Photographs – is…
US company CatLABS has begun stocking X Film 80 a slow speed, fine grain, high silver content film based on Kodak’s Panatomic X film. Available in 35mm, 120, 8×10 and 4×5 sheet film sizes.
From CatLABS website:
• CatLABS X FILM 80 is a traditional, slow-speed, fine-grain, high silver content film, designed for a wide array of shooting conditions
• Following in the footsteps of Kodak’s famous ‘Panatomic-X’ (which was used in Polaroid’s equally famous Type 55 film), CatLABS X FILM 80 brings back a classic touch with its unique look
• An ideal “daylight” film, offering versatility and unique characteristics not found in any other currently made film on the market today
• Characterized by its very fine grain, moderate contrast and deep tonal range
• Exhibits a wide exposure latitude under various lighting conditions, and extreme flexibility in processing options
• Rate it at 50 ISO when shooting indoors (under studio lighting) for extreme fine-grain, or push it as high as 800 when shooting in low light conditions
• CatLABS X FILM 80 has an IE of 80 ISO
More information here.