Fox Darkroom & Gallery. 17 March - 8 April 2018.…
UK photographer Steve Lloyd has launched a kickstarter to fund the manufacture of a light weight acrylic 4 x 5 camera system.
‘Chroma is a brand new large format technical field camera, designed from the ground up to meet the needs of photographers of all experience levels. It is built from high quality acrylic in a variety of colours, using highly accurate laser cutting to ensure consistent build quality and performance’.
‘Built around a 4×5 modular principle, but similar to medium format systems, the Chroma film back can be swapped in a few seconds using integrated magnets to allow multiple mediums to be used. At launch, the Chroma will take standard 4×5 DDS film holders (none included with the camera). It allows the photographer full control of all front standard movements to aid creativity. Future plans include both a 6×12 medium format roll film back and a 4×5 wet plate back.’
- Full range of technical movements on front standard and rise/fall on rear standard
– 40mm of rise / 40mm of fall with combination of front/rear movements.
– 30mm of shift each way
– 45 Degrees of forwards/backwards tilt
– Swing only limited by lens coverage and bellows
– Magnetically-fixed rotating interchangeable back
– Lightweight design with a total weight of 1592g (including ground glass)
– Very small dimensions;
when opened (mm) – 180x210x235
(180x330x235 with full bellows extension)
when folded (mm) – 210x180x117
– Will accept lenses from 65mm (with recessed lens board)- 280mm, with maximum bellows draw of 300mm.
– Multiple mount points for the front standard to accommodate different lenses and embedded magnets at ‘zero’ shift/swing position.
– Uses traditional Linhof/Wista type lens board (included)
– Uses standard 4×5 DDS film holders (not included)
– Standard 1/4″ tripod mount point
– 0.4mm Pinhole lens board (included)